The goal of the Belleview dress code is to ensure that students are dressed in a manner that is clean, neat, conservative, and modest. To enable our teachers to focus on academics rather than policing dress code, we require students to wear modest polos, t-shirts, blouses, etc. Shirts may have an approved symbol, such as the Nike swoosh and messages such as Christian themed, patriotic, sports teams, or Belleview T-shirts. Our primary objective is to teach the values of appropriate dress rather than dictating detailed rules. Students should avoid extremes and practice moderation of any style. Students who violate the dress code may be sent to the office to call parents to come and provide a change of clothes.
Dress code violations will result in the following disciplinary action:
- First Violation – Student will be sent to the office for alternative clothing. If the infraction cannot be corrected, student will sit in the office until a parent brings acceptable clothing.
- Second and Subsequent Violations – Detention, $10.00 fine, parent will be notified to bring a change of clothes. Student will remain in office until parent arrives. Any classes missed will be considered unexcused.
Daily Dress Code for Everyone*
*(including at school sponsored activities such as sporting events and student council activities)
- Caps/Hats/Sunglasses: Not allowed to be worn during school hours.
- Footwear: Shoes must be worn at all times. Slippers are not allowed.
- Hair: Hair must be clean, neat, conservative and a natural color. Length may not cover the eyes in any style. Carving styled haircuts are not permitted (i.e. team logos or other designs). For any dramatic hairstyle change, it would be wise to consult with a school administrator before having it done. For boys, no ponytails, mohawks, etc.
- Jewelry: Very conservative and in moderation.
- Piercing & Tattoos: No body piercing including lips, ears, nose, eyebrows, tongue, etc. Girls may have ear piercings in moderation. No tattoos are allowed.
- Clothing: No inappropriate or offensive wording or images will be tolerated on clothing (i.e., obscenities, alcohol or tobacco advertisements, peace symbol, dragons, skulls or aliens, items reflecting pop culture).
- Shorts: Students may wear knee-length shorts (please use common sense, depending upon weather conditions). Nice athletic shorts are acceptable.
Daily Dress Code for Boys
- Shirts: All shirts must have sleeves and be neat and clean.
- Slacks/Pants: Boys will be required to tuck in their shirts and wear a belt if pants are sagging. No cut-off or frayed edges, or holes above the knees.
- Special Occasions: Boys (Sports Banquet, Jr./Sr. Banquet, Homecoming, Programs, Graduation, etc). Appropriate formal attire. No shorts, athletic shoes, or jeans.
Daily Dress Code for Girls
- Dresses/Skirts: Must not be shorter than two (2) inches above the knee. Slits must be modest. Dresses must have a modest neckline.
- Blouses/Sweaters: Must have a modest neckline (no cleavage showing) and be long enough to cover the midriff when arms are raised above the head. Shoulder seams must be at least three (3) inches wide. Mesh or shear material is not permitted as a blouse. No tank tops/undershirts permitted as the outer blouse.
- Slacks: No clothing should be immodestly tight. No cut-off or frayed edges, or holes above the knees. Tight athletic pants, leggings, and jeggings must have a long shirt worn (the shirt may not be tucked in and it must be mid-thigh in length).
- Make-up/Nail Polish: Both may be used in moderation.
- Special Occasions: Girls (Sports Banquet, Jr./Sr. Banquet, Homecoming, Programs, Graduation, etc). Modest formal attire. No shorts, athletic shoes, or jeans. Dresses must have a modest neckline. A shawl/shrug must be worn with strapless dresses. Dresses must be pre-approved by the administration.
Gym Class / Athletic Practices
- Clothing: A BCS practice uniform must be worn.
- Athletic Shoes: Must be worn in the gym.